View Single Post
Old 02-03-2023, 10:43 AM

Default Re: Where are the installation instructions for MTRX firmware update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Brooklyn III was shown as a replacement for Brooklyn II after they couldn't produce anymore Brooklyn II chips due to supply issues. It adds nothing new but was required to keep production going. Since it is a different chip, anyone using it in their products needed a compatibility update (I think there is some hardware locking for security that handshakes firmware/software.) It's an exact fit to Brooklyn II on hardware boards (pin out compatible.)

Brooklyn III was shown June 2022 and still isn't in production runs. (Why everyone's favourite makers haven't been able to ship Dante products.) But since the test chips went to all the product makers, everyone has upgraded software for the impending arrival (like DADman supports Brooklyn III with the latest version.) RME recently made a recent run of Dante Digiface in Jan '23 and I asked them if it was Brooklyn III and they said no. They were able to buy a batch from someone else of Brooklyn II and so used them up on a quick batch of products while they wait for Brooklyn III chips to come in to resume full production.

GREAT INFO! Thanks for the valuable and detailed answer here-:). Not really my area of expertise..lol. SUPER Helpful.

G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS