View Single Post
Old 09-20-2022, 04:36 PM

Default Re: Using an HD Native Thunderbolt w/ the new Macs??

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamwBarber View Post
Has anyone figured out a solution to this? We purchased a Mac Studio when it came out and have had nothing but issues with our HD Native system. I have spoke to tech support and it seems and known issue at this point with some Mac Studios and MBP m1 chips. There's a support paper that details the issue. They said it doesn't happen with the thunderbolt HDN but I ordered and tried one but I had the same issues. We ordered and tried a "recommended" chassis for the HDN card and that didn't work either. The sessions usually run fine until I start putting some stress on the sessions with plugins, then it either won't load up at all or won't play. Sometimes I can boot the session with plugins disabled and then enable each one, but lately, that hasn't been working either. I'd rather not go back to our iMac Pro, so I am looking to just buy a Mac Pro at this point.
You don't mention details of more standard troubleshooting or exact errors etc. and you are talking about this problem as if you know it is absolutely that and not say a plugin problem.... how do you know that for sure? You tested with Built-In Output as the playback engine? Removed all the plugins and just tested with the automagically reinstalled core plugins?

That you got problems with a HDN Thunderbolt box may be a sign that this is a different issue?

If you know the problem is the HDN then maybe time to do what others are and sell the HDN hardware and get on a modern CoreAudio or ASIO interface... I'd be running for the exits and flushed this stuff on eBay/Reverb, it's becoming more downside and no benefits to use DigiLink interfaces unless you want/need HDX.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 09-20-2022 at 08:42 PM.