View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 04:51 AM

Default Eucon2MIDI - app to convert Artist Control fader movements to MIDI CC data

Hi everybody,

I always wanted to use the four faders of my Arist/MC Control to control MIDI CC's on virtual instruments instead of mixing (I use my Artist Mix for that). Unfortunately that was not possible, and so I decided to write my own app for it. It's still in the middle of development and so it's not very flexible, but it already does the job great.

EuCon2MIDI is a small program that runs in the background and monitors a selected network adapter and IP address for incoming data from the four faders. When this data is received, it is downscaled to values from 0-127 and corresponding MIDI controller data is sent out to a specified CC number. The four faders have to be assigned to <blank strip> in EuControl of course.

The app uses WinPcap and needs a virtual MIDI port to connect to the DAW, for example loopMIDI. It is Windows only at the moment.

I wanted to ask if there is anybody else who needs this functionality. If so, I am thinking about making it publicly available.
Attached Images
File Type: png eucon2midi.PNG (9.9 KB, 0 views)
Cubase Pro 9.5.21
Euphonix MC Control V1, MC Mix, MC Transport

www.4soundtrack.com

Last edited by iriswallner; 04-20-2018 at 10:09 AM.