View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 05:31 PM

Default Re: Att. DigiTechSupport: 8.0.4 issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykhal c View Post
unless you are havin' issues with your current setup i'd just roll with it...especially on XP. i'm diggin' it on W7 x64!!! i haven't had any issues other than the Reason4 thingy i posted about. other than that it's been rock solid. i think we'll all benefit greatly with the reduced number of OSes in the next update. the newly coded 8.0.4 drivers have not been as stellar out the gate as one/DIGIAVID might have hoped. solid for me tho but not all. for me, 8.0.4 is provin' to be the most solid v8 update yet...IMHO
I agree with you on Avid reducing the number of supported OSes. Even though I am presently on XP, it makes sense to me to move on to Win 7 32/64. I do mostly audio (old school musicians), with small track counts (usually no more than 24), at 44.1 so I have not been hampered with the quad at this point. I am however looking forward to a 64 bit Windows system the 1st quarter of 2011.

I have been primarily a performing musician for the last 40 years and started learning about DAW's on the advice of the head engineer of a sound company that worked with us back in 2004. I was ready to buy one of those self contained 24 track units when he told me the future was in DAW's. I was learning on another major DAW when time permitted through 2008 when I decided to make the transition to Pro Tools. I use it mostly as an audio software and editing program, not too much MIDI, so I don't run into to many problems.

I have 2 brother in law's that worked at Avid in Tewksbury, MA some years ago. One in the software division and the other in hardware. Maybe it was better times because I never heard them complain about their time there. I hope Avid does well in the future for our sake. I like Pro Tools and really do not want to start over. Not being a recording engineer, I find this stuff tough enough as it is.

Anyways, thank you for your time and input. It is appreciated.

I have a lot to learn and though I do read the manual, I find the input on this forum invaluable.

Best regards,

Lou
Avid Pro Tools Carbon, Eleven Rack (ERXP 2.0.1), Neve Shelford Channel, SSL Fusion Analog processor, Avid S1 Control Surface, Yamaha Montage 7 (also used as a MIDI controller), Korg Prologue 16 and Adam A7X Monitors.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.6, Logic Pro, VEP 7, Exponential Audio. Eventide, FabFilter. iZotope, McDSP, MDW, Softube, Sonnox, Soundtoys, Waves.