Thread: iZotope RX9
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2021, 08:56 AM

Default Re: iZotope RX9

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
It's the same for both plugin and standalone - no issue there. (incidentally, I get the same categorization thing with the .Inc, but I don't usually display manufacturer because my list is insanely long!)

Don't get me wrong, RX is an incredible toolbox and I'm very well used to working round the issues and finding fixes in different ways. But both DI and AM updates are significantly flawed in and of themselves.

I think I'm majoring on the issue though for DI. When it works it sounds better - both quality and amount of background removal. However, the dialogue detection itself is worse, and that's what needs the attention. Hard to predict what kinds of sources give it trouble - sometimes it is faultless, other times nothing but fault. I wonder if the increased background reduction it is able to do is related to the reduced accuracy of dialogue detection though - if it is passing through more stuff as background and being more aggressive with reducing it, maybe this is a very unwelcome side-effect.
Copy that. I used it yesterday and it seemed better to me. There are other things I have to do with long form anyway via other modules and so I am never in a rush with that. It's not that slow for me really. They still need to do more with the other modules IMHO.
Greg
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS

Last edited by gives; 10-18-2021 at 08:57 AM. Reason: update