View Single Post
Old 09-11-2021, 04:40 AM

Default Re: Promo for perpetual license holders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Bond View Post
I have a perpetual Vanilla license and I let my upgrade plan expire just over a year ago as it wasn't giving value for money. I have a couple of question since I have received any email yet.

Does anyone have the pricing for Vanilla?

Does the perpetual license get upgraded to the most recent license or does it stick on the same version?

If the latter is true then I likely won't bother. What's the point in using a new version for a year then having to revert to the old one? I have ZERO intention of going subscription.

Stephen
My price for Vanilla is supposed to be $99 dollars and it is limited to one year. I assume it's a loss leader type set up where Avid feels that once you try the latest version you may decide to continue with it at the regular sub price and not having to surrender a perp license has always been the big issue for a lot of us.
As for what version your perpetual license will be, I have not found the answer for sure, but I am pretty certain it will remain at whatever level you have already since that is what they have always done before when you haven't actually paid for upgrading your original "license".

Have you checked your My special offers page in Avid yet?