View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 03:07 PM

Default Re: Seriously Folks!

I just called into Avid/Digi, and talked to a guy about this. I haven't registered the new system or software yet, and wanted to know what my options were...
As it's been stated many time on the DUC, the only option is the $249 crossgrade.
The rep sounded like he had been having a looooong day. I said " you probably have been beat up on this subject quite a bit here recently". He said "the past 5 days have been pretty rough". I asked if the new systems would be bundled with 9. He said that "they would, but they will have a higher price tag".
Knowing the guy had a rough few days, I didn't want him to feel like I was trying to beat him up too, but I did ask him, what other company out there, would release a new improved version of a product and not give a complimentary software upgrade, if you had purchased a new system within 30 days? Or even an inexpensive upgrade price.
He said, "well the current price is discounted. It's usually $599 (or something like that)". Which is fine if you have owned your system for a year or so, but what about the guy who JUST BOUGHT a new system 3 weeks ago, or yesterday for that matter? Shouldn't they be entitled to an even lower upgrade price? It would only make sense, wouldn't it?

-Chris