View Single Post
Old 08-11-2022, 06:55 AM

Default Re: Audio File Naming Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Ok, I'm stuck on an issue and looking for some help.

Normally, if I have a file called "Voice-01" and make an edit, it will change the file name to "Voice-01-01"

For some reason, in one specific session I'm working in... instead of going from "Voice-01" to "Voice-01-01" it changes the file name from "Voice-01" to "Voice-08" (not specifically 08 every time).

I work in big sessions with scripts, so If I'm looking for Voice-11 file, but have made an edit that changed it to Voice-19 or whatever... instead of just being able to find Voice-11, I have to search around and refer back the script to confirm Voice-19 is actually Voice-11.

What am I missing? Does it have to do with the fact the producer filed all the audio with a "-" instead of just calling them Voice1?
It’s because you’re naming your files with -01. Pro Tools thinks it’s already added the -numeric suffix to a new clip and is replacing it. If your file name were anything other than Voice-01 to begin with, you wouldn’t be seeing this issue. For example. Original file Voice_01. Edited original. Voice_01-01, Voice_01-02, etc.