Thread: NEW Avid SYNC X
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2021, 04:04 PM
Avid

Default Re: NEW Avid SYNC X

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzone View Post
You can’t use Sync X outside of Protools so another clock will need to be used if any song creation needs to be written in Logic or another sequencer. Specifically for creating without picture, just audio work. As far as recording live musicians all would be done in Protools, and scoring from Logic to Protools the Sync X will work properly for syncing the time lines.
Completely understand it is a Protools only device for post and it does exactly what is advertised.
Once you use any other clocks you would hope to have the same functions as those devices.
I believe it was PT 2019 version, I doubt the software would have a glitch to turn the fans on high with the HDX cards. I’ll check when working in Logic with the Trinity and no Sync X in 2021.3, to see about the HDX 3 fan noise.
All in all a good box, can’t blame anyone for wanting a little more.
Thank you again for your time.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I totally get the request to be able to use Sync X outside of Pro Tools. Are you still using the Trinity as the master clock by chance? If so, one workaround would be to send word clock to both Sync X and the primary HD interface. When Pro Tools is quit, you can change the HD interface clock source in Avid Audio Server application to Word Clock. That way you're referencing the same clock source as when Pro Tools is launched. But, I realize that's not as nice as being able to use Sync X as clock master all around.

Any update on the HDX fan noise tests?
Berkeley, CA