Thread: NEW Avid SYNC X
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2021, 05:16 PM
Avid

Default Re: NEW Avid SYNC X

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzone View Post
In the last update before 2021 with the Trinity clock clocking everything in the system, with the same OS Catalina, the HDX cards never turned on for hours. Quite as a mouse. Will try 2021.3 and test. Why would a newer update require fans to run at a higher level?
The Sync X is advertised as a master clock. Buttons on the unit front panel itself, perhaps the ones that are not functional yet. Or in the PT software windows as well should have access to 44.1, 48, 96, etc. immediately as a function of the unit.
I understand it will sync to what ever clock rate is in the session but to have access to quick sample rate change is a must, just as you can do on any master clock. Should not be hard to program into the software of the unit?
Thanks again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes, I agree it's odd that the fans are making noise when they did not before. Which previous version of Pro Tools were you running?

A couple of things to test with 2021.3 to see if HDX fan noise is different:
-No Sync X attached and Clock Master set to Internal on primary interface
-No Sync X attached and Clock Master set to Word Clock (from Trinity) on primary interface

Sync X doesn't currently operate as a standalone device. All clock settings are handled directly in the Session Setup window in Pro Tools. Implementing a standalone mode is actually a significant amount of work, which is why it's not currently available as the focus is on using it with Pro Tools. Can you expand on the workflows where you need to change the sample rate, etc on Sync X outside of Pro Tools?
Berkeley, CA