View Single Post
Old 10-12-2003, 11:26 AM

Default held off interrupts for too long...!!!...What?!?!

Running MBox software on a Sony Vaio PC (bad combo). Newest problem: can't record anything because with reduced buffer size can't get more than a few seconds of play before getting this message - "Held off interrupts for too long. Increase buffer size." A knowledgeable friend told me it's because Pro Tools is fighting for priority with other (necessary) background programs. I've disabled all startup programs, performed error checks on all drives (commonly known as scandisk), and defragged all drives but the problem seems to actually be getting worse. It might be notable that I didn't realize the importance of error checking until yesterday when I was told about it so I've done many defrags over the past God-knows-how-many months without checking for errors. Could this be my problem and is there an easy way to fix it? I'm really screwed right now because I'm at the tail end of a project I've been working on for five months and when I finish I have potentially paying projects to get started on (which will hopefully finance my new non-Vaio system). Gotta get this one figured out quick.