View Single Post
Old 09-30-2021, 07:41 AM

Default Re: Ultimate 2021.7 and Kontakt libraries

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayter1 View Post
I bought VE Pro a few years ago. I never found a workflow that I could get in to. All the tutorials I watched were made by orchestral people using 100's of tracks, and when they weren't putting me to sleep, they were confusing me with their configuration complexity.

I write pop and R&B songs. I want to use, maybe at most, 3 or 4 instances of Kontakt, Omnisphere and Keyscape. That's about it.

I know a lot of users sing VEP's praises, but it's easier for me to use VI's in Ableton or Studio One and export the audio to Pro Tools.

That said, if someone could show me a "regular Joe" tutorial, I'd be invested in using it again.

tg
Yeah it can be somewhat daunting to use but once you take the time and you create some templates, its as easy as using a plug-in inside the DAW.

It's interesting to know how back in the day of hardware Samplers ( I am talking stacks of Akai,Roland and Emu Samplers), you would load up all the samplers for a film score and leave the racks powered on for the length of the project. It could literary take a day loading all the orchestral samples in to each sampler. But once it was all there it was easy to just switch cues and not having to reload samples for each one. VEP pretty much works the same way with even larger sample libraries and can be shut down at the end of the day to be recalled for the next session (still can take up to an hour to load all samples back in!)