View Single Post
Old 10-02-2022, 12:46 PM

Default Re: Pluggable dock ok?

By the way, the "OWC Thunderbolt Hub" is technically Thunderbolt 4 where as the "OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock" is like it says TB3. The "Hub" gives three additional TB4 ports and the "Dock" has 2 TB3 and 1 USB-C.....

I am running both. The "Hub" is stated by OWC to give 3 additional TB4 ports. I have one of those ports using the Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter. It runs an old 1080p "smart tv" off the HDMI.

Ahhhh.... looking back at OWC page, the "OWC Thunderbolt Dock" is yet another product with slightly different configuration than those other two. I totally recommend OWC products!

I realize reading above posts too that if I was using the Mini Display Port on that adapter, it would be running that display off CPU rather than GPU? Does anyone know if that is also true regarding HDMI running through a USB-C?
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //