View Single Post
Old 11-23-2022, 05:36 AM

Default Re: Pro tools renewal

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
Well first to clarify, there is no such thing as a Carbon Subscription ?

There is the Avid Carbon Hardware interface, and there is Pro Tools software which can be purchased or renewed (depending entirely on which software you are actually talking about) if you all ready owned Pro tools and if you kept it current.

So which software are you referring too as a subscription and can you provide a screen shot of your account page with whatever PT software you are referring to Your software options should be listed there ..

For example My Avid account "Ultimate" page shows I have two options I can renew my PT Ultimate license (which I have kept current for years now) for $399 which is what I will do...

OR I could purchase a PT Ultimate SUBSCRIPTION license for $599 which I won't do

Unfortunately it’s not that simple for the Carbon license. There is no way of renewing through the regular account the way you do with any other subscription or renewal plans. Avid’s Mark Corbin has acknowledged this. As far as I know and from my own experience with the Carbon, the proposed “perpetual parachute” does not deploy automatically and basically leaves you without a license for several days until you start a support ticket. Mark posted the part number for the Carbon license renewal on here a week or so ago but it doesn’t seem to be to found anywhere on Avid’s site. And yes it is a specific Carbon renewal license.