View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Control 24 Power Supply Self Repair

My Control 24 power supply model is the MC124 Serial PW0151700F. I actually stumbled upon the Skynet info and shipped it to them, only to find out that it wasn't one of their units, so they shipped it back to me unrepaired. Also I spoke with the nearest Authorized Avid Repair Shop in Atlanta and found out that the board won't qualify for the swap program they have because it's an older unit. So before ordering a new unit I wanted to see if anyone out there has experienced the ZF9 fuse blowing in an older version of the Control 24 power supply. I replaced every capacitor to its original matching spec, as I read earlier on the forum that it was possibly the c20 capacitor, but now I have no other route unless anyone has experienced a similar issue and made a successful repair. The unit consistently blows the ZF9 fuse and I have no monitoring section and no fader movement. Please help. Thank you to everyone on the forum who has supplied information to me and through other posts. Thank you Dan.TweekStudios too. I am determined to fix this thing!