View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 06:23 PM

Default Control 24 Power Supply Self Repair

I've been researching how to repair my control 24 psu and have found a lot of helpful info, but I have not resolved my issue. The problem started after a session of very basic tracking on a spoken word/broadcast project. While reviewing the recording preparing to mix, my faders stopped responding to automation on the board and I lost all monitoring in aux, main, and headphone. I have read that this is usually caused by the psu, although after checking all the fuse continuity, there were no apparent causes visible on the psu. I attempted to send the supply to Skynet, but they sent it back as it was not one of their units and had no schematics to repair it. I have seen that there is a capacitor on the Skynet made versions that C20 capacitor is usually the culprit, and is a simple fix by replacing a 4.7 microfarad 50v capacitor. On the model I have the capacitor size is 22uf 25v on C20. Has anyone made an attempt at a same repair? Any info is greatly appreciated and hopefully beneficial to those who still use the control 24.