View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 08:12 AM

Default From Bad To Worse (if that were possible!)

OK, I got a support email from Avid success telling me that if I didn't respond within 5 days they would assume that the case was closed.
I replied to it..... and got a new email telling me that "You cannot create a new case via email...."

WHAT???????????????????????

All I want to do is get a working version of the box I paid a grand for and get on with some f*****g work... I have 3 projects to deliver by the end of the month: I've spent 2 days p****g about with Dodgy tech suppport, will spend another day having my local dealer check the unit, and then what????

At what point does the faded TV celebrity leap out of the bushes with the hidden camera, rip off the false beard and sunglasses and chortle "Well, Jay, we certainly had you going there, didn't we? My favourite moment was when your house and car were repossessed because you'd missed your deadlines. Let's have a look at your best moments, shall we?"

How about the following as a suggestion for Dodgy Tech Support personel:

"I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulties with your Digidesign hardware. We'll courier you a replacement unit while we investigate the problem."

You are about to lose a customer: I was intending to upgrade to HD later this year (The LE system I bought as a temporary measure, having run PT version 5 for over ten years) but having observed a colleague of mine working on Logic with a third-party interface, achieving latency times of 32ms as opposed to your best offer of 64ms, I think I'll save myself the trouble of spending hours on the phone to your tech support department trying to fix several thousand pounds worth of equipment only to be told that Digidesign are not really interested and would rather palm the problem off to one of their dealers.

Last edited by Jay_dammit; 03-18-2010 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Additional information