View Single Post
Old 02-01-2016, 12:01 PM

Default Re: New PT HD10 System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Johns View Post
You do not need a Sync I/O, if you don't know what a Midi I/O will do for you, you mostly likely have no need for it. DO NOT BUY A 96 I/O!!!!!!

You will need Mic Preamps, as the 192 I/O does not have any. There are lots of choices out there, you can get a single 8 channel unit a where from $300 to several thousands.
Im a MIDI freak. I have my analog guitar pedals connected to a VooDoo LABS PX-8 and then I used MIDI Designer on my Ipad to build a pedal board interface to control my entire rig. Also using that MIDI function with OnSong, so when playing live I flip to the song on the iPad and my pedal board automatically switches over to all the effects and settings for that song. But as far a studio application....

I send MIDI out from an old Korg i2, a Novation Controller, Midi Out of Ableton live on a MAC, and MIDI in/out Line 6 Flextone 3. I use a MOTU 4X4 which would probably suffice but MIDI I/O is a nice form factor for the layout im looking into...don't really NEED it per se.

SO what exactly WOULD I need the Sync I/O for. Doesn't it basically provide the sync lock like a burst generator? I thought I would need one to Sync my MC Adrenaline HD Rig with my PT Rig for Post Production....Especially if I can get the Video Satellite Working (may need HD8 for that though, not sure)

Last edited by erwabo; 02-01-2016 at 12:13 PM.