View Single Post
Old 02-01-2016, 05:52 AM

Default New PT HD10 System

So just because, I am building a legacy rig simply due to the affordability of them now and because I love gear =) Unfortunately I don't know a ton about the TDM system configuration. What I am wondering is what I need to set up a PT HD10 system. Im basically wondering what I need. I see these HD Core cards and the HD Accel cards. Basically the hardware I want to use is simply

1. 96 I/O (not sure what the difference is between that and the PRE, Im assuming the 96 I/O is all line level with no MIC PReamps built in and I would need an outboard Pre in line first)
2. 192 I/O
3. SYNC HD
4. MIDI I/O

So my questions are do I need an HD Core card for EACH Interface? DO I need the Accel cards.

I recently built a MC 5.7 Rig with Adrenaline HD as well which is why I want to integrate the SYNC HD for clock reference and HOPING to use the Video Satellite Option.

Thanks!

So design help would be greatly appreciated as I don't know much about the older systems. I running PT 11.3 and MC 8.4 on my newer rig, so I never had to get involved with the TDM stuff?