View Single Post
Old 02-15-2005, 01:26 PM

Default Re: So let me get this straight!!

Jon,
Thank you for your reply. The point I was trying to get across, in my earlier post, was an overall feeling of being left out in the cold or said another way "where's Digi going next and what piece of equipment do I have to buy/dump to keep up". From what I can tell (I am certianly no expert) it seems like the only thing Digi makes that it upgrades is it's software (even though I can't upgrade past 6.2.3). Meaning almost all other hardware is trashed for newer versions, and that is where the MOJO comes in. I now use the AVOptionXL where I can open a Avid movie track and start recording video right to my session. In the future I am supposed to digitize my video using the MOJO or Adrenline with Avid software, then create an OMF, then export the OMF, then bring the OMF into my PT session. Four steps that used to be one!! Although I am aware of some of the added benifits that the Avid software provides it doesn't seem like progress to me. Certianly not when you are in a hurry. Why not incorporate those software benefits into the AVOptionXL and call it done? My guess is that Digi makes most of it's profits by constantly selling new hardware. Correct?
Thanks for your time in advance,
Fletch