View Single Post
Old 11-22-2022, 02:53 AM

Default Re: More Carbon Sync Issues...Must Get Solved...

Just to chime in that I too have found this issue running PT 2022.9 on my Intel chip, Monterey MacBook Pro. I thought that after 40 years of playing guitar I had lost my chops! Then I was trialing a version of Cubase and decided to record some guitar to test its latency and hey presto, I was back in the groove without having to edit my takes or shunt them all forward.

What fooled me was the belief that my £3.5K investment in Carbon meant it does what it claims and records with near zero latency and then plays it all back in time as recorded. Thankfully I found this thread after my Cubase experiment and now it all makes sense.

I tried setting the audition path outputs to "none"as the workaround suggested earlier and I also did track freeze on all the VIs running and another guitar record pass worked out ok. However, this is far from the dream I was sold of tracking live instruments into PT with no hassle. Its a fudge at best at the moment and as a long time PT user I know the fix could be years away (think video engine troubles).

At least the Carbon mic press sound great. Switching to Cubase for composition work until this gets sorted.