View Single Post
Old 10-04-2022, 08:46 PM

Default Re: HD IO - 16 Analog Inputs plus SPDIF inputs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZerglingPhilosophy View Post
Great info, thanks. I went HDX for extreme low latency tracking and because I did not want to deal with non-AVID cue mixing software. I added to my HD IO because it seemed to be the path of least resistance to expand my channel count from 8 to 16. Since I want Pro Tools integrated low latency, that puts me at a MTRX Studio, which are backordered forever, a lot more cost than just adding 8 channels to my HD IO. I like the idea of an ASIO interface but value keeping everything in Pro Tools. I am not going to go to a second HD IO just for SPDIF, it'll be a causality at this point.
OK gotcha I misunderstood you were running off HD Native cards.

You can find 192 IO with Digital cards used at very good prices (~$350)... that's what I would do if I was sure I did not likely to need more HD I/O analog I/O in the near future as well. As more people get off HD Native I expect the prices of used HD IO will also decrease. Unlike the analog inputs and outputs, the 192 AES/EBU and S/PDIF will be as good as on a HD I/O (but be aware none of the internal boards are not compatible). Both 192 IO and HD IO offer sample rate conversion on the digital boards but not the digital chassis I/O. ... for me (who likes to be able to bring in 48kHz AES/EBU into 96 kHz sessions that always made the enclosure connections fairly useless. But now I use RME outboard boxes that do sample rate conversion in them).