View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 10:42 PM

Default Does anyone have experience with buying an avid customer support ticket?

I absolutely hate the idea of paying for customer support, but I'm seriously considering buying a support ticket, as this forum as well as various computer help forums have failed to fix the problem I'm having with Pro Tools.

My question is, if I pay them to help me, am I guaranteed a solution that works? How far are they obligated to help me once I buy a support ticket? Also, will my ticket carry across multiple phone calls and emails? This is a problem that has many times appeared to have gone away for several days, so if the fixes they offer end up not working after a couple days, will my support ticket still entitle me to their help? Is there any sort of money back policy if they aren't able to solve my problem?

I just want to know these things because I have no problems paying $42 to resolve this issue once and for all, but I don't want to keep throwing money at the problem only to find that none of the solutions are working. I just want to deal with someone who is obligated to fix my problem, and for whom my problem will be a priority. I'm sick of waiting several days between emails with avids free support in which they offer up useless solutions that I found on their website long ago.

I may have rambled a good bit there, but my pertinent questions reside in the second paragraph.