View Single Post
Old 12-11-2021, 01:14 PM

Default Re: This is why I don't mix on Laptops/Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBigler View Post
Please post your input list. I want to see what 100 channels of a rack band looks like.
I'm not sure if you're busting or not, but here is the session layout. Music, Vocals, Masters. My point was that with a 11 year old, 12 core desktop machine, HDX and UAD PCIe cards, there is no such thing as CPU issues when mixing. I know plenty of guys doing the same on laptops and full native systems that struggle with CPU spikes all the time.

This session isn't particularly huge, it just happens to be what I'm mixing the past day or so. I also do quite a bit of 5.1 surround for TV and film on the same home system. In the NYC studio, I've got a 2019 Mac Pro in A, a 2013 Trashcan Mac Pro in B and an iMac Pro in C with similar HDX/UAD setups. Even with that absurdly powerful 2019 Mac Pro, I find for what I do most of the time, HDX, NON HYBRID, makes the best use of my equipment with no worries about bogging down.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Music.jpg (46.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Vox.jpg (55.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Masters.jpg (51.2 KB, 0 views)
Genelec 1031AP/7070A 5.1 monitoring.