View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 09:44 AM

Default Virtual instruments not responding to keyboard

Good morning all!

I had Pro Tools 10 10.2.3 for a little over a week now (after using Sonar for the past several years). So far I've had great luck learning the Pro Tools way of doing things, except this;

I'm using an M-Audio Keyrig 49 USB midi keyboard to play the virtual instruments in Pro Tools. My first project, I just plugged-in the keyboard to an USB port, fired-up the computer, opened PT, inserted an Instrument Track (stereo) and like magic it worked as expected. This first project still works as expected.

However, starting a new project (without changing any set-ups) my keyboard will not trigger any sound from any virtual instrument. I can mouse-click on the VI virtual keyboard and the VI works as expected.

I've tried creating several new projects with no-joy. But, my original first project works just fine.

I've referenced the help file to no avail.

Anyone care to offer any solutions? Thanks!

Jay
Seagate 500G Sata 600 OS Drive, Seagate 1 TB Sata 600 Audio Drive, 8 gigs of ram, 700 watt Coolermaster Silent Pro power supply. Apollo Quad Interface, Burl B2 ADC, Dangerous D-Box, UAD 2 Duo, Avalon 737, UA 610 MK II, UA 1176 LN Hardware, Focal CMS 65 monitors, and a bunch of other stuff.