View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 11:58 PM

Default 8.04 Strange Problem

All,

I installed the 8.04 update and everything went fine at first, then when i was editing a project the project got stuck in a loop and would not come out of that loop.

to be more specific: I had an audio track expanded whilst having a portion of an audio file highlighted. Protools started acting erratic and would not allow me to de-expand or expand (shift + right bracket) the project nor would it stop playback while it was in its loop.

then an "audio exception" error occured, the system locked up for about 3 seconds and rebooted. up until this upgrade this system has worked flawlessly and runs superfast so i can only assume it was the upgrade that caused the problem.

Sorry i dont have the exact error message and code that was put out to the screen, i have been trying to see if i could duplicate the problem but i have not had any luck. These are the specs of this machine which i really do not use much. ( This machine has Waves Mercury on it, so until i get Waves for Mac i will use this as a mixing system)

Protools MP 8.04
Dell GX280, 3ghz Processor HT Technology , 4GB Ram
2 500 GB Barracuda HD's
NVIDIA 256 Graphics Accel.
Audiophile 24/96

This is why i run Mac. !

just though i would share.