View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 11:05 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Perpetual Upgrade from Pro Tools 11.. Lose Old license?

What you are looking at there is a new perpetual license not an upgrade. Also be careful if you purchase a new license you may not get the legacy Pro Tools 10 licenses... I am not sure... but you definitely do get that if you upgrade from an old perpetual license.

All this is why you need to call a sales rep that knows their stuff, I so much prefer Vintage King I would personally go there.

And paying all those $ for an upgrade, if you can, also means you are on the update plan treadmill... if you stop paying annual upgrade plans you can keep using the latest then current (and your legacy licences) but you may not then ever be able to restart updates unless Avid pulls another promotion... you *might* want to think about annual subscriptions (for the latest) and just use your old perpetual license, or at least compare costs.

The Avid Complete Plugin Bundle and Heat are edit: *now* (sorry for the typo) included with all subscriptions and update plans (but stop working if you don't keep paying the update plans, so that part is really a subscription).

Do you really need Pro Tools Ultimate? To run Digilink IO? You need more than 64 IO? Need advanced automation? Need surround sound? Field recorder workflows etc.? If not you could purchase or subscribe to Pro Tools standard and save money.

You never mentioned that Ultimate until the link you provided... if you are using Digilink you also will need a Digilink License. Which Avid may or may not provide to you depending if you ever purchased an Avid DigiLink interface. This was new starting in 12.6 and has been widely discussed on DUC.