View Single Post
Old 01-12-2004, 03:12 AM

Default Re: how can I sort RTAS plugins in alphabetical order

Quote:

Just some questions about Samplitude, is there a free trial demo??
How many playlists will it allow on each track ???
Is there a built in click ?
Is the midi implimentation more extensive than PTLE ???
Does it time stamp regions?
Full Pluggin Automation on ALL parameters??? VSTi ??? DX ??? RTAS ????
Auxillary and master channel Automation ?
How do you get arounf the real time Low latency monitoring through the application?

Just Curious??
Hello PT-User,

What I think to know so far:

There is a demo on Magix website. However it is a very small file only. That will certainly mean that the demo is so limited that it would hardly serve to explore the application sufficiently.

Q#2 It provides 999 tracks and 64 aux
Q#3 Yes
Q#4 Canīt say, havnīt used its midi functions yet
Q#5 Yes
Q#6 Yes, if Iīm right. However, some of the Waves plugins functions like undo e.g. donīt show up, at least in version 7.1
Q#7 Version 7.2 has full latency compensation

Here is a discription. It is from a commercial website, but what is being said is no hype. Also if you make a search on other boards you will find a lot of user impressions.

So far about the goodies.
Inconveniences in Samplitude that fall into my mind are:

No mentioning of the action under "undo", you need to look it up under the undo history.
While you click on FX knobs during play it can happen that the FX brakes down yielding an ugly loud digital hiss. It getīs back to order though when you close and reopen the FX window, no need to shut the host down.

Most inbuild effects are destructive. You gotta doublicate the region / object first.

Seems also you canīt determine the order of inbuild FXs on the master fader.

Independently of how you name the regions they stay labeled in the internal code, so that you have no way to recognize them when trying to organize within their folder. If I want to get rid of superfluous takes I safe the whole VIP without the files not seen in the session to achieve the goal. ( Might well be though that there is a better way to do, like with all that Iīm saying here.)

It also happens that the aplication loses the driver path and you need to check whether it is still on ASIO or might have switched to another version.

One of the many things I like however is for instance that you can place the cursor anywhere in the time line without losing a highlited section. When you want the cursor back to run from start of the highlited passage you just doubleclick into the marked part of the timeline.

This relates to ver. 7.1. From what I hear the newest update however must be improved quite some and has added some features.

Lalaman