View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Speaker mute,unmute, record track mute,unmute for ADR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norad155 View Post
The safest way I have found... is to route it so the record track can NEVER go to the speakers. Because it just takes one feedback blast to really get someone pissed.
The solution I have used in situations similar to yours is to have dedicated playback tracks with no input that go to the speakers just below your record track... takes an extra click to drag it down... but it's worth it for safety IMO.
This is definitely the safest way and the way I used to do it on a somewhat mickey mouse setup of an ADR stage, you just have to have quick hands to keep the talent happy.
Since then, that stage has been redone and the engineer set it up with "Controllermate" with an xkeys usb controller. You can build macros to the buttons with a somewhat user friendly drag and drop programming app. I got it for my studio to automate a few Icon features since I don't have an Icon. "preview", "punch preview", "master solo clear" etc.
Very cheap to test it out, was something like $99 for the 8 button with software.