View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 01:26 AM

Default Re: Recording Latency

albee1952 is right. I was referring to a separate analog mixer such as a mackie. When I replied I was unsure of your setup. When I used a delta 1010 a while back I used a mackie 24/8 mixer and I would plug everything into the mixer and run from the direct outs of the mixer to my 1010. It allowed me to monitor my mix from there before it hit my sound card and I could mute my pro tools channels while hearing playback from the Mackie.
(In this setup I also had the output of my sound card going into 2 channels on the mixer and the L and R outs on my mixer going to my monitors. It gave me lots of play with headphone mixes and such.)

With a project mix you would have to buy a split snake or cable splitters. What you would do is split the signal or you instrument or mic so that one goes to the analog mixer and one goes to the project mix.

That doesn't really solve your problem its just a way around it. You should be able to use your project mix just fine without latency issues if your computer is fast enough or you keep your plug in count low.