View Single Post
Old 01-16-2003, 11:07 PM

Default Re: thinking about buying c/24

Quote:
Originally posted by ChenteleyA:
Hi... I'm running a studio in singapore with a C24/HD 2 core card/192 I/O configuration... it's worked great for the type of work i do and the control 24 really is an amazing device to work with...

both davemc and kevin lucero have valid points in their advice...but honestly, i think you should review your own applications before you decide to go for the C24... i am assuming here that you're working on a budget...

one thing you don't want to do is to run a fast-paced lamborghini on a quiet village road with a speed limit...

configuration-wise...yup... a 001/C24 hook up seems to be on two extremes... i recently saw the procontrol 002 and i think that looks pretty versatile... i mean it pretty much has the same essential features... not to mention, you can always upgrade to an HD/C24 or procontrol (or whatever new gadget they come up with by that time) config. later and sell off the 002... or you can shift it to a VO booth within your studio setup...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">just wondering, are you doing music, or post work??

as to the C24+001 one of my friends has the 001+002 which he used for post and music, he clames it is better then you would think it packs a big punch, espicaly for people that need a control surface, but have a low budget. while he is now HD 3 pro control maxed out, he still use's his 001+002 for music becuase of its compact and can do things on a tight budget for people. i doo see that you want to upgrade to a larger system but look at your Biz plan and see what you will really be doing. spending 8 grand on a control surface is a lot of money its like buying a new car when you walk 90% of the time....i wont make bring you anything just a liablity. i would honestly check out the 002 and the C24 and go with what will sute you NOW, as said above you can sell later, and if you can find a sucker to buy is at almost your cost....then go for it... any questions?? leave a post!

sorry for spelling