View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 06:10 PM

Default Re: Here\'s how to fix the power harness on your 002r..

Thanx for that Ducky - at least now I know that someone appreciates the trouble I went to.

I also sent my photos and guide to at least 20 other people personally (those who contacted me by e mail) - I would like them to acknowledge this on this thread so that DIGI know that they should do a 'PROPER' version of this fix to include photos as well.

BY THE WAY DIGI GUYS - No-one on this forum as far as I can ascertain are against you - they are only crying out for PRACTICAL ASSISTANCE - ie photos and stuff etc etc.

We all appreciate your knowledge and help but 'If A Picture Speaks A Thousand Words........Then Why The Hell Can't You????..'

My photos and guidance are most probably very raw and unprofessional - so why don't you guys do it properly and just add a link - without liability as that seems to be the problem - to a specific place where exact,safe and detailed instructions are given for replacement. It doesn't have to be a secret because sooner rather than later someone will post your instructions on a site somewhere so that others know how to do a DIY fix. Remember this - when the unit is down - there is no recording being done - a lot of times that means no money is being made - the only thing it makes is a lot of people angry, confused and annoyed! I now have a document in my hand which I must sign and fax back to DIGI releasing them from all liability for a DIY fix if they send me a new harness. I don't mind that BUT it would make it SOOOOOOOOOOOoo much easier if we could all visit a DIGI site where photos and instructions were available. Also a lot safer!

I think it's a good idea anyway!????????

Once again here is the link if you need it - AND once again - courtesy of Jeff another forum member who assisted me with this http://www.tentenland.net/002rHarnessFix.jpg

Don't forget to put your cursor over the bottom right hand corner of the document and then click on '...expand to original size...'

PS By the way Ducky - I knew it was a capacitor but I didn't want to sound like a smarty pants I was just trying to make it easy for anyone who had never seen the inside of a scary machine like this before.