View Single Post
Old 07-13-2003, 11:47 AM

Default Re: Protools 6.1 & OsX questions

Quote:
Originally posted by studio405:
2. When bouncing to disk in 6.1... If my session is 24bit/96k and I bounce to 44.1k/16bit, does it downsample first THEN dither THEN drop the bits?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Dithering is a process you use to avoid truncation (what you've called dropping the bits). I do not know the order. If you want control over the process, either keep the bit depth the same and SRC when bouncing, or dither when bouncing then SRC the bounce.
Quote:
. Is all the hardware & drives I"m using now compatible?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That depends on what hardware you are using. The interfaces and cards (excluding SampleCell) are compatible. If you use MIDI and have a MIDI interface that connects to your Mac's serial port, your interface is useless. You will need to acquire a USB MIDI interface. Also if you use AVOption, you are out of luck. You will need to upgrade to AVOption|XL. ATTO SCSI cards are compatible, but I'm not certain about Adaptec. If you use Masterlist CD, you will need to acquire Roxio's Jam.

Hope that covers it.