View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 07:17 PM

Default Re: Does 'Commit' offer the same quality as 'printing' in real time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Lie View Post
Yeah I've heard odd stuff when using warp markers. I was wondering if same for others. It's easiest to hear on bass tracks for me as well.

C
Hi Carl,

It's reassuring to hear someone else has this problem. So it's not me or my system. I can understand if that happens with warped audio (after all, elastic audio isn't all it's supposed to be) but these are straight quantized midi/VI tracks. Absolutely no excuse for bad timing here. I always find myself having to warp affected sections of my bass line after using commit, re-committing sections, or realtime bouncing if there's too much of it. It's seemingly random.

I haven't had these issues with drums, just bass...which makes me think it's frequency related. Realtime bounce doesn't do that, so the whole purpose of commit is defeated if the results necessitate spending time editing after the fact. Ive had this in all PT releases since commit was introduced.