View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 05:34 PM

Default Re: ProTools price adjustments from July 1st.

I wonder if Avid knows that their programmers are getting really good and are about to come out with a stable version within the next months. If so, people with perpetual licenses would stop renewals and would park their systems at whatever version it is. If you're on subscription you will park your system there also for stability's sake but will have to continue to pay to use that version.

Maybe I'm paranoid thinking that but in any events they just gave me the answer I was looking for as a Logic user who was keeping a PT license for the odd project I receive from people and that I have to send back in PT format. I sure won't pay 200$ a year for that and I will not renew sooner and give them money for thanking them to screw me good. I will keep the last working version I'm entitled to and do my transfers from that version. Better off renting just a month in the future when I need PT if that version doesn't work anymore.

Blink