View Single Post
Old 12-12-2021, 12:06 PM

Default Re: Can I use DIGI 002 Control Surface with newer Audio Interface?

Quote:
Originally Posted by halipino123 View Post
I dropped the bomb and ordered an AVID S1 and the RME Fireface UCX II Audio Interface, with a perpetual license of PT coming my way I am pretty well set for awhile unless I get some kind of a Neve pre amp but this gets me into the 21st century and that is exciting...

Thanks you guys for the education, it is a learning experience.
As to using the Kemper on SPDIF, if that gives you the results you want, all is good, but I do feel compelled to offer some info that relates. I recorded the first Save The World release and most of the guitars were done on a Kemper thru a pair of Chameleon Labs 581 preamps. The guitarist has a home setup and was trying to do a last minute additional part and could not get the sound he wanted(what he got at my place) and ended up back at my place for the last parts, so those preamps(essentially a Neve 1081 clone) added something desirable Guitar and bass seem to love Neve preamps and the 581's were not expensive. In any case, congrats on the new stuff! I bet the RME will be a humungous step up from the 002(which was my first interface, so I know it well)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave