View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 10:03 AM

Default Re: Delay Compensation and Recording

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFish View Post
For the record, I spent all day yesterday, recording with delay compensation ON - in sessions with various RTAS and TDM plugins on all OTHER tracks, and Aux's - with NOTHING on the Master Fader, and had no problems.

This might be an "old habit" (Turning delay compensation off) to keep things simple, in front of clients, but now that I've got an HD system at home, I can easily experiment with some of this stuff.

I cut acoustics, on 5 songs yesterday, with Delay compensation ON the whole time, everything worked well, "Landed" where it was supposed to, and operated, monitoring latency free.

I THINK if you keep your Master Fader free of RTAS plugins, or even Inactive while recording, you'll be ok With Delay compensation left on. in PT8?
I do the same all of the time except that I don't even de-activate the master fader. I always have the Massey L2007 on it in order to be able to overdub onto a track that already sounds somewhat like the eventual mix is going to sound. Just did it, for two months worth of tracking and overdubs, on an album project and not one problem arose that would have called for the method to have been changed.