View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 03:34 PM

Default Re: Delay Compensation and Recording

well if there are any RTAS plugins on the Master Fader, it will introduce Latency, for me, it's just a "Habit" when recording to make the Master Fader inactive, incase there is any Fade automation, or RTAS inserts - it's just a "Click" to make inactive - so I always "Just do it" if I recording.

there are a few shortcuts, if you want to disable "All plugins within "Selected tracks" - this will deactivate TDM AND RTAS though, there is no way to "Just deactivate all RTAS plugins, leaving TDM ones active"

if you select the "Top track" in your selection, hold Shift down, and select the "Bottom track in your selection" - effectively "Highlighting all of the tracks you want to deactivate plugins on"

then hold Shift+Control+Option+Command while clicking a plugin - you will deactivate ALL plugins on the "Selected tracks for that insert"

i.e ... if you do this to a plugin on Insert A - ALL insert A plugins, within your "Highlighted tracks" will become inactive.

Holding Shift+Control+Option+Command, and quickly clicking a,b,c,d ect - will disable all of the plugins in your selected, or Highlighted tracks.

You can also make your "Track Selection" more elaborate, by holding Command, while selecting, to include, or remove from your "Selected tracks"

- MacStudio M1
- HDX II Sonnet xMacStudio
- 16x16 HD i/o x 6
- PT ULTIMATE
- SONOMA
- ProTools Dock / S1 / Control App