View Single Post
Old 08-04-2021, 02:31 AM

Default Re: Upgraded Win + ProTools, system runs at 44.1 kHz only

EGS and unkJE - thanks a lot guys. Just a couple of quick Qs:

Uninstalling bloatware - do you mean go through each program and turf anything I'm disinterested in? (I'm not a coder or tech)

Where do I go to find out what's loading on start up?

PS I'm super surprised by Win 10 and PT 2021.3 - PT works pretty much as I expected, but it looks and feels better, I like the visual fade-in and-out of the dialog boxes and menus, very suave. And the Midi Editor now pops up under the Edit window - really convenient. Dark mode did my head in at first.

But Win 10 is wowing me, I have it on my 10 y/o old laptop and it's krap, slow - it's the laptop itself that's sluggish. On my music computer it's very snappy, looks great, Bing is a revelation, everything looks so much better, and runs "as quick as". Classy all 'round, which surprised me.

One thing that effed me around last night was: I didnt realise that Control Panel existed in Win 10 - it's not listed in any bloody menus, you've got to search for it... crazy. I tried deleting my first PT install y/day (2021.6), I went via "Settings", then "Apps". It let me delete some programs, but wouldn't let me delete Pro Tools... so I'm scratching my head, until I randomly watched a YT vid where a guy launches Control Panel via the Search box. Thank gawd it's still in Windows! I launched it, went into Programs and Features - bam, deleted PT no problem.