Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools M-Powered (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   unable to locate M-Audio hardware. Make sure your hardware is connected and turned on (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=245767)

joskraus 05-09-2009 03:10 PM

unable to locate M-Audio hardware. Make sure your hardware is connected and turned on

So I have had pro tools for a few years, but my computer crashed and I had to reinstall everything. Anyway, after I reinstalled it, I cannot open it. I get this message:

"unable to locate M-Audio hardware. Make sure your hardware is connected and turned on"

Everything is connected, I just downloaded this update driver thing from the website, so I dont know what to do. Can anyone help me out?

MultiCore 05-10-2009 10:45 AM

Re: SEX!!! - Now that I have your attention, can you please HELP ME?!

What kinda OS are you running.

Keybeeetsss 05-10-2009 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multicore (Post 1395958)
what kinda os are you running.

osex

joskraus 05-10-2009 04:26 PM

haha, well I have a dell XPS 1210, with windows xp professional and service pack 3. its an intel core. Thats all the info I can think of. Thanks so much for any help.

FS1 05-11-2009 01:54 AM

Pro Tools M-Powered usually will say that when other applications are open. Make sure EVERYTHING is closed then try. If it doesn't work, restart the computer without opening up ANYTHING, BUT PRO TOOLS. I've seen that message a hundred times before, it can't recognize your audio/ midi interface because it's "distracted" by other applications. ESPECIALLY "distracted" by the internet..

spkguitar 05-11-2009 08:27 AM

When you "reinstalled everything", did you install the updated drivers for your hardware from the MAudio site?

joskraus 05-11-2009 03:24 PM

I tried opening it with no programs open, but it still doesn't work. And I recently downloaded the update driver package, so I am pretty sure I have that. Yikes this really sucks.

guitar486 05-11-2009 04:30 PM

Have you ever hot plugged your m audio interface? This can cause irreversible damage to the FW port on your unit or your computer.

joskraus 05-11-2009 06:12 PM

Re: unable to locate M-Audio hardware. Make sure your hardware is connected and turne

What exactly is "hot plugging"?

guitar486 05-11-2009 09:57 PM

Re: unable to locate M-Audio hardware. Make sure your hardware is connected and turne

Plugging the firewire cable in while either the m audio unit or your computer or both are on. They should both be off while plugging in your firewire cable, M Audio recommends this in the manuals and installation steps. If it doesn't work in a different firewire port on your computer you may need to replace the firewire port on your m audio unit. You should have the firewire port checked.