Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Bluetooth issue with Avid Control on iPad Mini and Mac Studio (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=423379)

MHBU 02-02-2023 12:15 PM

Bluetooth issue with Avid Control on iPad Mini and Mac Studio

I need to connect an existing iPad Mini to a Mac Studio (Monterey 12.6.3). We have been connecting via Bluetooth in order to use Avid Control for remotely controlling the Dock in the same control room space.
This configuration worked fine with the previous Trashcan MacPro, but trying to pair the iPad (mini) with the Studio initially pairs, then disconnects and displays "Mac Studio is not supported/forget this device?".

I have since tested and had the same issue trying to pair the iPad (running 15.7.3) to the Mac Mini in my office.

I have deleted the BlueTooth Preference folder in Library and reset it through terminal on the Mac Studio. Same result after both.

Any insight or anything else that I can try before calling in my IT team to troubleshoot? I have also reached out to Apple support.

EddieJones 02-03-2023 08:23 AM

Re: Bluetooth issue with Avid Control on iPad Mini and Mac Studio

I've never heard of this working via Bluetooth? Wifi yes

MHBU 02-03-2023 08:36 AM

@EddieJones
I swear that we've been running on BlueTooth for several years on the trashcan MacPro and iPad Mini. I definitely wouldn't make that up.
I'll try to pair via Wifi the next time I get a chance.

EddieJones 02-03-2023 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MHBU (Post 2660815)
@EddieJones
I swear that we've been running on BlueTooth for several years on the trashcan MacPro and iPad Mini. I definitely wouldn't make that up.
I'll try to pair via Wifi the next time I get a chance.

Maybe via internet sharing...but we have never tested this and I don't know of any other users doing this.

MHBU 02-07-2023 10:55 AM

I was able to re-establish the connection for Avid Control app with EUControl. Both were connected to the same wifi network, but I had to open software and connections in the right order to get everything talking.
I've documented the steps that I took and posted it in the room so all of our users have a quick reference in case things get reset and disconnected. Thanks again for your input, it was very helpful in steering me in the right direction. :-)

Doyvid 02-08-2023 07:45 PM

Eddie,

As a point of reference, I've had success using the Avid Control app over Bluetooth by creating a Bluetooth Personal Area Network. I'm guessing that it then appears to Eucon as just another network connection.

It tends to become a bit flaky when running sessions with hundreds of tracks, especially when compared to a wired connection, but it's useful in a pinch where a wifi network or ethernet connection aren't viable options.