Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 12 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   ReaRoute-PT/Mixbus (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=391862)

martinaston 06-21-2017 01:04 PM

ReaRoute-PT/Mixbus

I have been dabbling with Harrison Mixbus like a lot of other PT users. It has an excellent mixing section and the logic being that if one could use PT editing then send audio to Mixbus mixer for final mixdown...[audio export is an option but very time-consuming and frankly a big pain in the you-know-whats].

So first there is JACK which doesn't work in Windows 10 at least (I am on PC using WIN 10, PT 12.7.1 & Mixbus 32C v4).

So then a guy on the Mixbus forum told me about Reaper's ReaRoute ASIO 64 bit driver. So I installed it with a Reaper demo and sure enough ReaRoute becomes available in PT. And Mixbus.

Hey presto! Not.

Doesn't seem to communicate as audio is passed out of PT, Mixbus isn't receiving the audio stream. Lost in cyberspace, so to speak. Anyone any ideas?

Mr609 06-24-2017 07:06 PM

Re: ReaRoute-PT/Mixbus

Does this touting technique work from PT to Reaper?? Just curious. Cuz if not, it's prolly an Avid limitation....I mean feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lesbrunn 06-25-2017 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martinaston (Post 2436177)
I have been dabbling with Harrison Mixbus like a lot of other PT users. It has an excellent mixing section and the logic being that if one could use PT editing then send audio to Mixbus mixer for final mixdown...[audio export is an option but very time-consuming and frankly a big pain in the you-know-whats].

So first there is JACK which doesn't work in Windows 10 at least (I am on PC using WIN 10, PT 12.7.1 & Mixbus 32C v4).

So then a guy on the Mixbus forum told me about Reaper's ReaRoute ASIO 64 bit driver. So I installed it with a Reaper demo and sure enough ReaRoute becomes available in PT. And Mixbus.

Hey presto! Not.

Doesn't seem to communicate as audio is passed out of PT, Mixbus isn't receiving the audio stream. Lost in cyberspace, so to speak. Anyone any ideas?

Reaper's routing can get a little tricky, but I'm pretty sure shan will know about this. Maybe you could PM him and find out?

martinaston 06-25-2017 04:22 AM

After extensive experimentation a friend of mine in Denmark and I have ascertained that ReaRoute only works with Reaper therefore PT cannot use ReaRoute to communicate with Mixbus or any other DAW apart from Reaper.

I don't know if PT can act as "Master" with Reaper.

JACK is back though and we have managed to pipe audio from PT12.7.1 into Harrison Mixbus 32C V4, although it is a tricky process and rather unreliable at this stage.

I'll post here with further developments.

lesbrunn 06-25-2017 09:34 AM

PT can act as master. It all depends on whether or not ReaRoute is available in slave mode.