Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What are everyones PlugIns used on the Master Fader? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=66666)

PRS4LIFE 08-30-2002 09:44 PM

What are everyones PlugIns used on the Master Fader?

Mine is....(in order)

Digidesign 4 band-EQ
Waves C1 Compressor
Maxim
Waves L1 Ultramaximizer

keny 08-31-2002 12:21 AM

Re: What are everyones PlugIns used on the Master Fader?

PAZ
Rennaissaince eq (if necescary)
C4 (sometimes)
L1+ (usually)

p.s. I submix drums and compress them seperately.

Bloux 08-31-2002 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by PRS4LIFE:
Mine is....(in order)

Digidesign 4 band-EQ
Waves C1 Compressor
Maxim
Waves L1 Ultramaximizer

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">why the maxim and the ultramaximizer? I thought the ultra is a beter maximizer than the maxim.
why use both? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

vonbleak101 08-31-2002 02:09 AM

Yeah thats pretty full on!
Any way i use the Waves renaisonce Compressor
and the waves renaisonce 4 band eq

PS: I use the Waves ultramaximiser when mastering in soundforge. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Roy Howell 08-31-2002 02:13 AM

C4 sometimes, but as little else as possible...

Dr.John 08-31-2002 04:00 AM

C4, then Maxim. Thats it.

Dr.John

SKI 08-31-2002 05:22 AM

I see people I'm around using this combo
Q10
C1(or REN Comp)
L1

Maybe I'm different from most but I prefer not to load the master fader.
This is probably where the strength in the PC platform comes through, since I'm more comfortable working on the mix than the master the high plug-in count works well.
I like to use the Bomb Factory compressors on individual tracks and not compress the master and use Maxim, AudioTrack or L1 on the master (it's usually Maxim) then use the L1 in WaveLab.
I also have a tendency to open the PT wav file in other programs to be able to use plugs that may not be available to the Digi on PC yet or that I already own on VST or Direct-X.
Keep in mind the L1 likes to be last, go for sound then volume, and also what works for you depends on the type of music you are doing.

The Weed 08-31-2002 06:09 PM

I'm just doing voice over, no music mixing, but I thought I'd include my favourites:

Ren DeEsser - sometimes
Linear Phase EQ
Linear Phase Multiband
L2

I'm using a Rode NTK microphone and combined with the above I get a very full, warm sound that is crisp and clear.

Cheers,

mfym 08-31-2002 07:40 PM

Digidesign 4-Band
Digidesign Compressor
Digidesign Limiter
and leave the last spot empty for Dither.

marcusb 08-31-2002 08:27 PM

For me on most mixdown sessions I only have a Bomb Factory Fairchild compressor across the mix bus. Preferably this would be an Al Smart C2 as a hardware insert across the mix [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I occasionally stick PAZ in the last slot to get some calibrated metering and to see what's going on spectrally.

PRS: why use Maxim AND the L1 ? I sure hope you are at least swiching the dither off on Maxim [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Also guys remember if you are doing master fades in the session with automation the plugins are PRE-FADER, meaning as you fade out you are altering the way your compression/limiting is functioning (effectively raising the threshold) which can lead to some very odd results.

Cheers,
Marcus