Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Artist Series (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   El Capitan Support for Artist Series (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=371974)

harrismix 09-15-2015 11:47 PM

El Capitan Support for Artist Series

Hi, Any news on when an El Capitan compatible version of EuControl might be on the way? I just updated to 3.3.1 but the same as other versions, the OLED displays are not working . . . . I'm on the latest firmware . . Thanks

Fishbone 09-17-2015 05:40 PM

Re: El Capitan Support for Artist Series

Same here. Artist Mix display lits up as 8 solid squares. Installed and reinstalled 3.3.1 but no luck.

Kyle Splittgerber 09-17-2015 09:48 PM

Hey Guys,

Yes, we are aware of this issue and are currently working on a fix. For this reason, El Capitan is not yet qualified. We'll get the fix out as soon as we can.

Thanks,

maaaquemeseyo 09-18-2015 12:32 PM

Hi, thx for the heads up! I was about to install El Capitan... Is PT working fine?

Darryl Ramm 09-18-2015 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maaaquemeseyo (Post 2295206)
Hi, thx for the heads up! I was about to install El Capitan... Is PT working fine?

What is the race to upgrade OS X versions?

Lots of audio interfaces/devices are *not* working fine. From Avid and others. You would easily see that by looking around on DUC.

maaaquemeseyo 09-18-2015 12:46 PM

I'm on Mavericks now, I have to do a clean re-install of Mavericks or move on to El Capitan. Right now there are some apps (like OneNote) and syncs fuctions with iOS that doesn't work with Mavericks...

Darryl Ramm 09-18-2015 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maaaquemeseyo (Post 2295213)
I'm on Mavericks now, I have to do a clean re-install of Mavericks or move on to El Capitan. Right now there are some apps (like OneNote) and syncs fuctions with iOS that doesn't work with Mavericks...

Well it's your choice, read up on known issues. At most go grab a blank drive and do a clean test install of El Capitan. Maybe you end up with multiple boot partitions if you really need to be able to use incompatible things on different OS X releases.

I get the pain, where there is a hard need to be on a new release, I need latest OS X releases for X Code/Swift for example. I keep Pro Tools and audio drivers etc. on stable old OS X releases. And new stuff on separate boot drives. But too frequently folks here go sticking their head in the upgrade woodchipper for no good reason. And when they do upgrade they do it in-situ (bad idea) and with no roll back/recovery plan. Sounds like you are a little more aware there.

@tention 09-21-2015 11:54 PM

Why can't Apple just release a new system font and leave us alone? Would not break audio every year.

Fishbone 09-22-2015 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle Splittgerber (Post 2295039)
Hey Guys,

Yes, we are aware of this issue and are currently working on a fix. For this reason, El Capitan is not yet qualified. We'll get the fix out as soon as we can.

Thanks,

Good to know!

Thanks for dropping a note ;)

Fishbone 09-22-2015 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm (Post 2295208)
What is the race to upgrade OS X versions?

Nothing much, just that I like to have another partition to test new things to be ahead in the curve, just in case I need it or worth the jump.

Don't see anything wrong in exchange some info about it here in the users forum, since it's exactly what it was supposed to be used for, right? :-)

Cheers

WITELITE 10-03-2015 08:12 AM

Hopefully soon

Tone King Records 10-10-2015 11:43 AM

It's now been almost a month since this thread was started & many of us who choose to keep up to date with software releases are unable to use the equipment that we've shelled out good hard earned money for. Can someone please give me an E.T.A. on when this issue will be resolved?

As far as I am concerned, this is completely unacceptable. All my other hardware/software is working perfectly except Avid. I've downloaded the license transfer card & am putting my artist mix & transport along with PT 10/11 up for sale & you guys are about to lose another customer.

Avid needs to get its affairs in order. It's easy to find a new customer who is new to the business & sees how nice your gear looks, it's something completely different to win over the LOYALTY of a repeat customer by proving to them that you provide a superior product with superior support. Not sure if any one gives a **** or not, but I'm putting it out there anyhow.

Very, Very unprofessional.

Tone King Records 10-10-2015 11:45 AM

PS - If anyone in this forum is interested in buying my artist mix/transport with PT10/11, please contact me via PM, or either of my websites.

DigiTechSupt 10-10-2015 11:53 AM

Here's a release from Avid.
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...EUCON-and-ISIS

Best regards,
CD

Tone King Records 10-10-2015 10:20 PM

lol Yeah right. That "release" from Avid just states the obvious which we already know. I asked for an E.T.A. - even a ball park estimate. You guys are perpetually behind the curve with updates & you're like ****ing politicians when it comes to giving people a straight answer about anything. I'm done. Congratulations, you just lost another customer. You could have at least tried to answer my question & let your customer base know what is going on. It's really too bad. I really loved the Artist Mix/Transport when it worked, but I am just no longer willing to tolerate this. I left Pro Tools behind many years ago for these very same reasons & when I decided to come back just less than a year ago, I thought to myself: "Well... Maybe things have changed... Maybe they've caught up with the times..." lol It took less than a year this time to lose me yet again & just completely turn me off. I won't be purchasing or endorsing Avid products again.

James Ray 10-11-2015 08:41 PM

You would think that one of the things we are paying for with the service plan would be to get timely updates. As big as Avid is I'm sure they were aware of the Apple OS update many months ago. There is no excuse for this reactive company. They should try being proactive. Thank you Avid for the free plug ins during the version 12 update but I would trade them all back in for a reliable operating DAW with timely updates. My advice, during NAMM and I'm sure at many other music conventions, all those guys standing around the Avid booth doing nothing...leave them at the office and put them to work on the updates.:p

harrismix 10-13-2015 09:31 AM

How is this progressing please, sorry I'm not of the opinion that we should have to run older versions of an OS to accomadate developers who don't have compatible versions of hardware drivers available, Avid is a major software company and have known for a long time that Apple would be releasing newer versions of OSX, it's been available to developers for many months so please can we have a compatible version of EU Control or at the very least can we please have some idea of when this is coming other than a we're working on it message. I am sitting here with some very expensive work surfaces switched off because there is no working software to run them on the current version of OSX. Thanks!

Wall2Wall 10-13-2015 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrismix (Post 2302593)
How is this progressing please, sorry I'm not of the opinion that we should have to run older versions of an OS to accomadate developers who don't have compatible versions of hardware drivers available, Avid is a major software company and have known for a long time that Apple would be releasing newer versions of OSX, it's been available to developers for many months so please can we have a compatible version of EU Control or at the very least can we please have some idea of when this is coming other than a we're working on it message. I am sitting here with some very expensive work surfaces switched off because there is no working software to run them on the current version of OSX. Thanks!

That's not how it works. Both Apple and MS add/remove things and change the API's that break compatibility up until the night before the Final is released. For most they cannot waste the resources on the months of beta incarnations. They wait for the Final. There are still more companies than not who have not qualified El Capitan. UA, a great customer service company, takes an average of 4 months to qualify a new OSX. I still don't understand the rush to update an O/S but the bleeding edge comes with a lot of waiting.

harrismix 10-13-2015 12:08 PM

Thanks but let's agree to disagree, I understand the process.

James Ray 10-13-2015 01:14 PM

Should I also wait to purchase a new computer which has El Capitan loaded? Should I wait to purchase the S3 and PT HD? Maybe I should wait until Avid comes out with their own OS...not going to happen. Why does it take 4 months?

James Ray 10-13-2015 01:15 PM

Should I also wait to purchase a new computer which has El Capitan loaded? Should I wait to purchase the S3 and PT HD? Maybe I should wait until Avid comes out with their own OS...not going to happen. Why does it take 4 months? And btw where is Avid? Why don't they defend their actions?

James Ray 10-13-2015 01:18 PM

...and another thing, since we have time to spend, since our systems are down, maybe we are just burning off some steam. I hope that's okay!

john1192 10-17-2015 08:23 AM

i will give this a bump .. everything else seems to be running pretty good .. hopefully Kyle will return with an ETA ... those guys seem to be on it .. maybe hands are tied by Avid for fixes .. hope not

Tim Sincere 10-20-2015 08:23 PM

I recently bought an Artist Mix for my Pro Tools 11 and the display screens are not displaying information. I used my "free" ASC to open a support case a week ago, and have still not received any kind of status from Avid Support, not even to acknowledge the receipt of the ASC. (I had to go get this confirmation myself from the website.)
I've since deduced that the problem *may* be because of Avid's lack of support for El Capitan, but without acknowledgement from Avid Support, I'm just guessing. I really don't want to return the product, but without any confirmation of the root cause, or a timeline for a fix, I really don't have any choice. The problem may be something else, like a faulty unit, for example.
I've been a Pro Tools user for over 10 years (and I work in customer support for another high-tech company, so I get it), but Avid's Support is simply woeful. I would have moved off the platform years ago because of the poor Support if the Pro Tools product wasn't as brilliant as it is.
Avid is playing a risky game by assuming that all of their customers will be as loyal, patient and tolerant of poor service as me.

Park Seward 10-22-2015 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Ray (Post 2302673)
Should I also wait to purchase a new computer which has El Capitan loaded? Should I wait to purchase the S3 and PT HD? Maybe I should wait until Avid comes out with their own OS...not going to happen. Why does it take 4 months? And btw where is Avid? Why don't they defend their actions?

This is not the place for an avid response.

"Considering the real-time nature of the Avid Forums, it is impossible for Avid to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the contents of posted messages and are not responsible for any messages posted."

Tone King Records 10-22-2015 11:36 AM

Sorry Park, but I disagree. There are several people who work for Avid that check these boards regularly, & one of them has even replied to this very thread. I can't speak for anyone else, but all I really would like to see is a little transparency. If the people at Avid were honest with us about what was going on with the updates, it would be a completely different story for me. The product itself when working is great. If Avid changed their policy to one of transparency where they kept their customers appraised & up to date, I wouldn't feel like they didn't give a **** about me & that would also likely be the case with many others. It's called P.R. man. Their bedside manners SUCK. They remind me of our former Prime Minister. A little honesty & integrity go a long way with people & that is what is missing here. If someone from Avid would come on here & give an honest answer as to the situation, I would wait however long it took to update simply because they were being upfront about it. As it stands now, my Artist Mix & Transport are for sale on eBay along with my copy of Pro Tools & it's for no other reason than Avid's policies in dealing with their customers. Logic is a great program, comes bundled with a ton of great instruments, everything works flawlessly, so from now on I'm just going to turn down work that requires me to use Pro Tools & that will be that. OR Kyle or someone else can get their arse on here & MAN UP & let us know what is ACTUALLY going on. If I happen to see some concern & respect from them towards us, I might reconsider. I'll tell you one other thing too: If I was an Avid employee & saw what was happening here, you can be sure that I would take the issue to the highest levels to get the issue resolved & have the policy changed to one of transparency.

Wall2Wall 10-22-2015 11:44 AM

This happens every year with a major OSX update. However long it took last year and the year before is the same time it's going to take this year. Avid, UA, Steinberg, and most others will take a few months as usual. Nothing new. Logic was even having issues with El Capitan until 2 days ago.

@tention 10-23-2015 03:56 AM

We have to admit that Apple's constant stream of updates that break audio software from VARIOUS manufacturer's is a pain for users and developers.

WHY APPLE WHY?

DaveDaveDave 10-24-2015 05:44 AM

DOH. What was I thinking. Everything had been going so smooth for a while. I'd run the El Capitan developer releases on another machine for a few months with no problems, so I didn't think twice when my studio iMac prompted me with the El Capitan update. Phooey - now I have big blocks of OLED where I should see scribble strips.

Avid? Anything? I know Apple screwed us all over with Core Audio issues in this release, but they HAVE had this available to developers since June 8th, 2015.

At this point I've got to shop around for other control surfaces... those 10 year old clunky Mackie Control units are looking mighty appealing at this point!

Tone King Records 10-24-2015 06:25 PM

Don't know if anyone else has seen this yet, but I just checked Avid's website & EuControl 3.3.2 for Mac OS X is out. Just did a very quick test in Pro Tools & Logic & it seems to work fine! Thank You Avid. That wasn't even that bad of a wait & if you guys had been candid about a time-frame, I'd have been ok to wait it out. Still not sure if I'm keeping it because of the lack of transparency though, but thank you nonetheless. At least now if I decide to sell, everyone will know that it's working! Here's a link to the update, you have to sign in to see 3.3.2

http://euphonix.avid.com/artist/ux/euphonix/artist_downloads.html

DaveDaveDave 10-25-2015 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tone King Records (Post 2305201)
Don't know if anyone else has seen this yet, but I just checked Avid's website & EuControl 3.3.2 for Mac OS X is out. Just did a very quick test in Pro Tools & Logic & it seems to work fine! Thank You Avid. That wasn't even that bad of a wait & if you guys had been candid about a time-frame, I'd have been ok to wait it out. Still not sure if I'm keeping it because of the lack of transparency though, but thank you nonetheless. At least now if I decide to sell, everyone will know that it's working! Here's a link to the update, you have to sign in to see 3.3.2

http://euphonix.avid.com/artist/ux/euphonix/artist_downloads.html

You the MAN! Thanks for sharing this - downloading now!

simonjewel 10-26-2015 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveDaveDave (Post 2305276)
You the MAN! Thanks for sharing this - downloading now!

+1 :)

streamingtheatre 10-26-2015 10:08 AM

Thanks a lot for sharing. :-)

Kyle Splittgerber 10-26-2015 01:07 PM

Hey Guys,

We just discovered an issue with Stereo Panning not working with EuControl 3.3.2 and Pro Tools 12 and our iPad app, Pro Tools | Control. Because of this we need to pull the download from the Euphonix site until we have a fix. I'll then announce when it's out.

Sorry for the inconvenience, everyone. But, we'll have this fixed soon in 3.3.2, which as you already know adds support for OS X 10.11 and Windows 10!

Thanks,

harrismix 10-27-2015 10:40 AM

Hi, I am only seeing 3.3.1 and I'm signed in (Sept 11th, the broken one) - can anyone point me to a download page for this 3.3.2 that apparently works please? I'm looking forward to switching on my artist mix but really need the update - thanks

harrismix 10-27-2015 10:42 AM

I can live without the panning, I just need use of my artist mixes for a project, can you please put the 3.3.2 download back up and update the panning issue later?

robertg 10-27-2015 08:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle Splittgerber (Post 2305563)
Hey Guys,

We just discovered an issue with Stereo Panning not working with EuControl 3.3.2 and Pro Tools 12 and our iPad app, Pro Tools | Control. Because of this we need to pull the download from the Euphonix site until we have a fix. I'll then announce when it's out.

Sorry for the inconvenience, everyone. But, we'll have this fixed soon in 3.3.2, which as you already know adds support for OS X 10.11 and Windows 10!

Thanks,

Kyle, please fix this very old Logic X related bug that has been in Eucon ever since Logic X came out more than 2 and half years ago. Is it something that you can at least look into?

The name of the plugin very frequently does not show up on the surfaces.

An example image is attached. I will be glad to help isolate the cause if it means getting this finally fixed rapidly.

harrismix 10-28-2015 01:10 PM

It would be REALLY helpful if you could please just put back 3.3.2 (even if you have a bug with the panning) because it's better than not having anything at all - I have an important session and my Artist Series are not usable at all, I can live with no panning for a while, it really wasn't cool to put 3.3.2 up there, for people to report that it's working great and then for Avid to discover a little bug and pull it down again - come on Avid, please put it back and fix your bug later and release that as 3.3.3, I have a session to work on here . . .

simonjewel 10-28-2015 01:12 PM

@harrismix ... I'm wondering if the panning issue was with iPad control ... I have no panning issues with either my mix or control

harrismix 10-28-2015 01:13 PM

There you go Avid, please put it back!! Some of us need it! I have several thousand dollars in hardware here that's currently switched off.