Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Artist Series (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   El Capitan Support for Artist Series (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=371974)

James Ray 10-13-2015 01:15 PM

Re: El Capitan Support for Artist Series

Should I also wait to purchase a new computer which has El Capitan loaded? Should I wait to purchase the S3 and PT HD? Maybe I should wait until Avid comes out with their own OS...not going to happen. Why does it take 4 months? And btw where is Avid? Why don't they defend their actions?

James Ray 10-13-2015 01:18 PM

...and another thing, since we have time to spend, since our systems are down, maybe we are just burning off some steam. I hope that's okay!

john1192 10-17-2015 08:23 AM

i will give this a bump .. everything else seems to be running pretty good .. hopefully Kyle will return with an ETA ... those guys seem to be on it .. maybe hands are tied by Avid for fixes .. hope not

Tim Sincere 10-20-2015 08:23 PM

I recently bought an Artist Mix for my Pro Tools 11 and the display screens are not displaying information. I used my "free" ASC to open a support case a week ago, and have still not received any kind of status from Avid Support, not even to acknowledge the receipt of the ASC. (I had to go get this confirmation myself from the website.)
I've since deduced that the problem *may* be because of Avid's lack of support for El Capitan, but without acknowledgement from Avid Support, I'm just guessing. I really don't want to return the product, but without any confirmation of the root cause, or a timeline for a fix, I really don't have any choice. The problem may be something else, like a faulty unit, for example.
I've been a Pro Tools user for over 10 years (and I work in customer support for another high-tech company, so I get it), but Avid's Support is simply woeful. I would have moved off the platform years ago because of the poor Support if the Pro Tools product wasn't as brilliant as it is.
Avid is playing a risky game by assuming that all of their customers will be as loyal, patient and tolerant of poor service as me.

Park Seward 10-22-2015 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Ray (Post 2302673)
Should I also wait to purchase a new computer which has El Capitan loaded? Should I wait to purchase the S3 and PT HD? Maybe I should wait until Avid comes out with their own OS...not going to happen. Why does it take 4 months? And btw where is Avid? Why don't they defend their actions?

This is not the place for an avid response.

"Considering the real-time nature of the Avid Forums, it is impossible for Avid to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the contents of posted messages and are not responsible for any messages posted."

Tone King Records 10-22-2015 11:36 AM

Sorry Park, but I disagree. There are several people who work for Avid that check these boards regularly, & one of them has even replied to this very thread. I can't speak for anyone else, but all I really would like to see is a little transparency. If the people at Avid were honest with us about what was going on with the updates, it would be a completely different story for me. The product itself when working is great. If Avid changed their policy to one of transparency where they kept their customers appraised & up to date, I wouldn't feel like they didn't give a **** about me & that would also likely be the case with many others. It's called P.R. man. Their bedside manners SUCK. They remind me of our former Prime Minister. A little honesty & integrity go a long way with people & that is what is missing here. If someone from Avid would come on here & give an honest answer as to the situation, I would wait however long it took to update simply because they were being upfront about it. As it stands now, my Artist Mix & Transport are for sale on eBay along with my copy of Pro Tools & it's for no other reason than Avid's policies in dealing with their customers. Logic is a great program, comes bundled with a ton of great instruments, everything works flawlessly, so from now on I'm just going to turn down work that requires me to use Pro Tools & that will be that. OR Kyle or someone else can get their arse on here & MAN UP & let us know what is ACTUALLY going on. If I happen to see some concern & respect from them towards us, I might reconsider. I'll tell you one other thing too: If I was an Avid employee & saw what was happening here, you can be sure that I would take the issue to the highest levels to get the issue resolved & have the policy changed to one of transparency.

Wall2Wall 10-22-2015 11:44 AM

This happens every year with a major OSX update. However long it took last year and the year before is the same time it's going to take this year. Avid, UA, Steinberg, and most others will take a few months as usual. Nothing new. Logic was even having issues with El Capitan until 2 days ago.

@tention 10-23-2015 03:56 AM

We have to admit that Apple's constant stream of updates that break audio software from VARIOUS manufacturer's is a pain for users and developers.

WHY APPLE WHY?

DaveDaveDave 10-24-2015 05:44 AM

DOH. What was I thinking. Everything had been going so smooth for a while. I'd run the El Capitan developer releases on another machine for a few months with no problems, so I didn't think twice when my studio iMac prompted me with the El Capitan update. Phooey - now I have big blocks of OLED where I should see scribble strips.

Avid? Anything? I know Apple screwed us all over with Core Audio issues in this release, but they HAVE had this available to developers since June 8th, 2015.

At this point I've got to shop around for other control surfaces... those 10 year old clunky Mackie Control units are looking mighty appealing at this point!

Tone King Records 10-24-2015 06:25 PM

Don't know if anyone else has seen this yet, but I just checked Avid's website & EuControl 3.3.2 for Mac OS X is out. Just did a very quick test in Pro Tools & Logic & it seems to work fine! Thank You Avid. That wasn't even that bad of a wait & if you guys had been candid about a time-frame, I'd have been ok to wait it out. Still not sure if I'm keeping it because of the lack of transparency though, but thank you nonetheless. At least now if I decide to sell, everyone will know that it's working! Here's a link to the update, you have to sign in to see 3.3.2

http://euphonix.avid.com/artist/ux/euphonix/artist_downloads.html