Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Windows (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   PT shortcuts and batch commands on Android (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=388622)

alanc 02-03-2017 07:30 PM

PT shortcuts and batch commands on Android

I'm looking for a way to control shortcuts and batch commands on a Windows 7 PT rig (PT12 and PT10) in the editing room. Batch Commander or D-tools would be great but it seems like BC is still years away for windows and D-tools is not available separately.

I need to be able to program shortcuts and batch commands. If I could also program solo buttons for each channel, that would be a bonus but not required. Have found a large tablet that runs Android that should be perfect and would prefer to use a wired connection, not wifi.

It looks like TouchOSC would do what I need it to do. Calmae Studis programed a template like I'm talking about except they are using TouchOSC with Osculator since they are running macs. It needs to be for Windows

I also found a app called Custom Keypad app that looks like it will do what I need it to except it's only IOS. Anybody here running a setup like this? Any apps like this for android? Is there any I might be missing even for an ipad? Should I be looking at another program?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

guitardom 02-04-2017 09:48 AM

Re: PT shortcuts and batch commands on Android

Neyrincks V-Control Pro is the closest I can think of that is Android compatible. I dont know the details of how it works on it though. I have only used it on Ipad and cant say if its identical.

Dan Smith 02-04-2017 10:54 AM

I use TouchOSC and Keyboard Maestro on Mac. You should check out Lemur. Even more powerful than TouchOSC. Cross platform. Works great.

alanc 02-04-2017 10:56 AM

Thanks for the reply guitardom. I've learned a lot from your post through the years!

I've looked at the Neyrincks V-Control Pro but really don't want to do the subscription. The Custom Keypad App by keypad iosproapps looks like it will do exactly what I need it to do in a very easy way. Only for IOS though.

I was hopping somebody on the board had figured out a way to do this on android. Right now it's looking like ipad with the Custom Keypad App or Devil Technologies D-Touch. Any other suggestions out there?

alanc 02-04-2017 11:16 AM

Hi Dan, I always loved the look of Lemur. I haven't been able to find anything like a Keyboard Maestro for Windows though. It needs to be fairly straight forward to program. That's why the Custom Keypad app looks so promising.

guitardom 02-04-2017 12:24 PM

There is problems with Pro Tools where they modify the Alt and Windows at what seems like the registry level. A lot of app and programs that are capable of swapping keys and performing macro's do not work with Pro Tools on Windows. I have various apps I have done, but that is always the problem. It takes someone with serious programming knowledge and not a hack like myself to dig into it. I think that is what keeps a lot of these from working or being developed.

alanc 02-05-2017 08:51 AM

Thanks for all the help so far. I bought an ipad and will install the Custom Keypad App. If it works and can make a good enough template I will post it on here.

Think I'll end up getting the D-Touch software anyway. Might be posting on the DUC with questions about screen sizes next. Thanks again.