Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Avid Complete Plugin Bundle - Monterey Compatibility (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=417829)

drumbreaker 11-15-2021 10:36 PM

Avid Complete Plugin Bundle - Monterey Compatibility

Forgive me if there is a thread that has an answer already, but after searching here not finding much info other than confirmation...

Avid Complete Plugin Bundle does not work on Monterey. Is there any discussion anywhere from Avid on when this will be fixed?

Thanks

JFreak 11-15-2021 10:44 PM

Re: Avid Complete Plugin Bundle - Monterey Compatibility

Probably at the time when Monterey is supported. Currently it is not.

drumbreaker 11-16-2021 12:30 AM

Thanks for the reply Janne. We will be waiting! Cheers from LA to Finland

JFreak 11-16-2021 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drumbreaker (Post 2619531)
Thanks for the reply Janne. We will be waiting! Cheers from LA to Finland

Thanks. It is fridge temperatures here now :eek:

drumbreaker 12-08-2021 05:08 PM

This seems to be a timely opportunity to chime in here. I imagine I'm not the only one that wants to smash my computer screen after downloading the latest PT and being prompted to remove my incompatible complete bundle to the Unused Plugins folder!

My question now is has anyone seen any further info here on the DUC on what timeline we are looking at to get the complete bundle to work on Monterey? Many of us use Complete Plugin Bundle in every session so we're still stuck on the old machine until they patch this.

Also has anyone discovered any workarounds to get these going temporarily on Monterey?

Cheers!

BScout 12-08-2021 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drumbreaker (Post 2621883)
This seems to be a timely opportunity to chime in here. I imagine I'm not the only one that wants to smash my computer screen after downloading the latest PT and being prompted to remove my incompatible complete bundle to the Unused Plugins folder!

My question now is has anyone seen any further info here on the DUC on what timeline we are looking at to get the complete bundle to work on Monterey? Many of us use Complete Plugin Bundle in every session so we're still stuck on the old machine until they patch this.

Also has anyone discovered any workarounds to get these going temporarily on Monterey?

Cheers!

I did a pull on all the Pace Eden (iLok) versions of current plugin licenses on my system.
All the plugins in the Complete Bundle are on 5.0.0 GM.
All plugins that use 5.2.0 GM or later appear to be working.

Current version is 5.4.1 GM.

This may be the issue -- and there'd be no workaround for that. The plugins will need to be recompiled using a later Pace Eden wrapper.

I'll check again tomorrow on our Monterey test system if I can narrow down what Pace Eden version is the breakpoint. Just know Cargo Cult Spanner (5.2.1 GM) and PhoenixVerbSurround (5.2.0 GM) were working. But Stratus/Symphony do not and they are 5.0.2 GM.

off the wall 12-08-2021 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BScout (Post 2621890)
I did a pull on all the Pace Eden (iLok) versions of current plugin licenses on my system.
All the plugins in the Complete Bundle are on 5.0.0 GM.
All plugins that use 5.2.0 GM or later appear to be working.

Current version is 5.4.1 GM.

This may be the issue -- and there'd be no workaround for that. The plugins will need to be recompiled using a later Pace Eden wrapper.

I'll check again tomorrow on our Monterey test system if I can narrow down what Pace Eden version is the breakpoint. Just know Cargo Cult Spanner (5.2.1 GM) and PhoenixVerbSurround (5.2.0 GM) were working. But Stratus/Symphony do not and they are 5.0.2 GM.

Why do the Avid Compete Bundle plugins work fine on PT 2021.12 under Big Sur and lower then? Is there a different version of PACE that is installed under Monterey?

BScout 12-08-2021 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by off the wall (Post 2621891)
Why do the Avid Compete Bundle plugins work fine on PT 2021.12 under Big Sur and lower then? Is there a different version of PACE that is installed under Monterey?

I believe this might have to do with the "user-mode" version of Pace. In essence, an Apple macOS restriction to prevent drivers from running at a lower level in the system as a security feature. Current iLok software could determine which mode it runs at once installed. So install on Big Sur, iLok runs at kernel-mode. Install on Monterey, kernel-mode fails so it runs as user-mode.

And if a plugin wasn't compiled with the user-mode ability (whenever that was released as part of the PACE Eden toolkit), it fails authourization on user-mode systems.

[This is all conjecture but seems to fit with what is observed. And I know Monterey restricts drivers]

drumbreaker 12-08-2021 09:15 PM

Mods, would you please consider escalating this issue? At least to find out of a simple recompile with latest PACE would fix this? This simple issue is keeping many of us from being able to use our new machines. It would be highly appreciated! Thanks for your time

Darryl Ramm 12-08-2021 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drumbreaker (Post 2621898)
Mods, would you please consider escalating this issue? At least to find out of a simple recompile with latest PACE would fix this? This simple issue is keeping many of us from being able to use our new machines. It would be highly appreciated! Thanks for your time

You must be new to Pro Tools? Do you not think Avid know that their DAW does not work on a whole new generation of Mac products and that's not kinda an issue for users? Hard even for Avid to miss this. They know, and will be working on it. And Avid being Avid, they will operate how they have for decades and you are very unlikely to hear any estimate of when fixes will happen. Complaining here or asking others to complain for you is not likely to change anything.

The transition to new Apple silicon is going to involve hassles, and this may just be start of some of the pain (wait until some but not all plugins start moving to native code).