Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Turn off Auto Record Enable Clicked Instrument Track? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=333553)

DrFord 01-20-2013 03:25 PM

Turn off Auto Record Enable Clicked Instrument Track?

Every time I click an Instrument Track, the Record Enable turns on.

How do I turn this off? So it only becomes Record Enabled when I click the Record Enable button?

Thanks

Doc

Becharax 05-11-2013 04:03 AM

Re: Turn off Auto Record Enable Clicked Instrument Track?

I actually have the same question ....

Monodead 08-15-2013 05:49 AM

I have the same problem and its killing me !!!!!!

DetroitT 08-15-2013 06:32 AM

It's the connection in midi peripherals for controller keyboards. By disconnecting and using your keyboard just as a midi in device this (what I consider a bug) stops the auto record behavior.
Of course you lose your controller integration.

Ben Jenssen 08-15-2013 07:01 AM

Do you people mean that the track is actually record enabled, and the red indicator starts blinking, when you click on the track name?

SearingSounds 08-15-2013 11:45 AM

I actually like it when a track is automatically record enabled when I click it. The problem is this has disappeared in pro tools 11. How do I get it back??

Johnny

Chief Technician 01-28-2014 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen (Post 2073738)
Do you people mean that the track is actually record enabled, and the red indicator starts blinking, when you click on the track name?

Yes, and it just threw myself and a mixer I work with for a loop. After I found this, he disabled his Alesis QS8 in Setup-->Peripherals-->MIDI Controllers. This stopped the selected MIDI track's record enable button from blinking (enabled).

Becharax 07-03-2014 04:12 AM

Can someone try to fix this bug in future releases ?? are the moderators or staff aware of this ??

waynekhin 06-15-2015 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DetroitT (Post 2073734)
It's the connection in midi peripherals for controller keyboards. By disconnecting and using your keyboard just as a midi in device this (what I consider a bug) stops the auto record behavior.
Of course you lose your controller integration.

Thanks for your post. The answer I was looking for :-)

john1192 06-15-2015 05:20 PM

i was wondering about this .. used to be a pain that they would come up in Rec enable .. now it is good .. but maybe not for those that miss it .. bummer ..