Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   PT 8/Core Audio Manager (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=247237)

audiobob 06-01-2009 09:55 AM

PT 8/Core Audio Manager

Anyone have a trick to get this going? i've seen where Core Audio Manager has some issues with Leopard but I can't get this even close to working. I know the options of the optical out of the Mac to optical in of the 192 but to get the clicks and pops to stop I have to change the clock source to optical. I forget to change it back when I record and the clock source whacks everything out. Frustrating.

audiobob 06-18-2009 11:34 AM

Re: PT 8/Core Audio Manager

I'm bumping this to see if anybody has the Digi Core Audio Manager working with PT8 and Leopard 10.5.7. Anyone? Tips please.

I want to move the MacPro out of the room so that means I can't use the optical out of the computer to the PT interface. Or in other words I'm not paying 145 bucks for an optical extender. Anyway this should be working.

It it working with 7.4??? Digi Tech, you have a word??:D

DigiTechSupt 06-18-2009 12:43 PM

I have it working without problems.

Can you give me a description of what, exactly, the problem is? What happens if you launch Core Audio Manager? Does it show 'Connected'? Which application are you trying to use with Core Audio?

For a basic 'reset' of core audio, try this:

Quit out of all open applications.

Trash the following preference files:

1. Mac HD > Users > (Your User Name) > Library > Preferences > com.apple.systempreferences.plist (delete this file)
2. Mac HD > Users > (Your User Name) > Library > Preferences > com.apple.audio.AudioMIDISetup.plist (delete this file)
3. Mac HD > Users > (Your User Name) > Library > Preferences > com.digidesign.CoreAudioManager.plist (delete this file)
4. Mac HD > Users > (Your User Name) > Library > Preferences > ByHost > com.apple.systempreferences.xxxxxxxxxxxx.plist (delete this file)

Empty the trash, restart and let me know if it's working or not.

If that doesn't help, please let me know which drivers you have in the folder located at MacHD>Library>Audio>Plug-Ins>HAL.

audiobob 06-18-2009 03:06 PM

Hey DTS, thanks for responding.

I'm trying to use iTunes, Quicktime and Safari for computer audio.

I've trashed those prefs, have actually done that before, and get nothing. But maybe it's me. When CoreAudio is launched it does say Connected @ 44.1k. I'm using a C|24 with "Use C|24 stereo routing" checked, but get no audio. Is that the correct pref choice? When Digi HW is selected in Sys Prefs and I play a song from from iTunes the song won't even start playing and the progress bar won't move. When I select Internal Speakers as the output, music plays fine.

In the HAL plug in folder there's the Digidesign CoreAudio.plugin version 8.0.0. The only other file there is an iSightAudio.plugin vers 7.6.2.

Thanks for your help.

audiobob 06-19-2009 04:08 PM

Bump for DTS

audiobob 06-20-2009 09:51 AM

Update:

Works (left channel only) on garage band and logic express, but not iTunes or Safari. Anybody have this working?

DigiTechSupt 06-22-2009 11:31 AM

Do you see meters on your 192 when playing back via Core Audio? If so, which channels?

And, FWIW, I have this working day in, day out...

I'm thinking it's possibly something in your signal chain.

audiobob 06-22-2009 12:56 PM

It's working now for Garage Band and Logic Express. Unchecked the C|24 option out 1 & 3 in the prefs and now have both channels. When these two programs are launched the core audio manage launches and I get level on channels 1 & 2 on the interface. These work because they have the prefs to change audio out.

But its' not working for iTunes 8.2 or Safari 4.0. These have no preferences, other than in system prefs, to change audio out. The core audio manager will not auto launch when these open and there is no level from the interface. I have changed audio out in system prefs and in audio midi setup to Digi HW.

DigiTechSupt 06-26-2009 02:30 PM

Quote:

I have changed audio out in system prefs and in audio midi setup to Digi HW.
Wait - what do you mean 'in audio midi setup'? You shouldn't need to change anything there, just in the Sound control panel>Output.