Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Classic Compressors Bundle (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=233400)

Jperkins 12-12-2008 05:48 AM

Classic Compressors Bundle

About 3 years ago I bought a bundle called Classic Comopressors, it had an 1176 and LA-2A...then eventually digi made the BF76 free and also somewhere in there my classic compressors bundle stopped loading. Now it looks like there is a newer bundle of the same name with a Purple Audio MC77 and a BF-2A, am I now eligible for that? I have tried downloading and installing that bundle but it won't authorize. I've also tried submitting a clain to Digi Tech Support at least once, maybe twice and haven't heard back, so I don't know if they're ignoring me because there is no hope, or what. Just curious if anybody else went through this with that bundle.
thanks.

ejwells 12-12-2008 06:15 AM

Re: Classic Compressors Bundle

Where did you buy it, and how were you authorizing it?
You should have a code if it's challenge/response, or the auth(s) should be on your iLok.
Do you? Are they?

Jperkins 12-12-2008 06:28 AM

I bought it on eBay I think, so the previous owner just transferred the asset to my iLok.

elicious 12-12-2008 07:42 AM

hey there,
remove the purple mc77 plug from your folder cuz, as you know, it won't authorize...
write to digi csa to get an auth for a bf2a plug and together with your free bf76 you'll be back & running.
b.o.l.
e

Jperkins 12-12-2008 11:34 AM

I contacted them on the 8th, how long does it typically take to get a response?

Premo 12-24-2008 02:29 PM

2 days typically but it's the holidays so could be longer. Did you get the auto response email and your reference number provided at submission?

The real issue here is that you bought those plug-ins off eBay and when you get licenses 'dropped' into your account from any eBay user regardless if they are authorized Digi dealer then you are not the official registered owner in Digi's eyes. Actually most companies work this way if you've ever dealt with other software venders. Spectrasonics told me this same info just last week.

You need to be aware that if you didn't register the plug-ins through Digi that you don't qualify for the upgrades. You need to activate plug-ins on their site or have a sales receipt from an actual Digi dealer faxed to Digi Customer Service to register them.

Another common example (unrelated to your issue but good to know) is if someone buys a used Digi system off ebay and with it comes a bundle of software licenses. You can do the transfer of owner ship through Digi and put the hardware in your name but those software licenses always belong only to the original owner (this is very common in audio industry). So if any changes are made to those plug-ins or compatibilty updates are released you don't qualify for those new plug-ins.

So long story short, I doubt you qualify for those plug-ins you want.